TouchMix® is quite simply the most powerful, compact mixer ever created. It offers the features, capabilities and sound quality of the world's most esteemed large format consoles in a highly compact and portable package that’s small enough to be carry-on luggage. Perfect for musicians, bands, AV production professionals and small performance venues, the TouchMix-16 goes "Beyond Mixing" by offering Wizards, Presets and other beneficial tools that help both seasoned audio professionals and novices alike get great results quickly and easily.
Its 22 mixing channels (16 Mic/Line, 4 Line, Stereo USB) and 12 outputs offer ample signal management ﬂexibility while advanced features such as class-A microphone preamps, Anti-Feedback and Room Tuning Wizards, real-time analyzer (RTA) and 20-channel direct-to-external-drive recording make it equally competent as both a professional live sound or recording tool.
The touch-and-turn interface of TouchMix allows for tactile control over fader and mixer parameters while also providing a hardware connection to the mixer. Mixer functions and displays are duplicated via iOS® or Android® devices over Wi-Fi, providing both portable, wireless connectivity as well as additional control of mixer functionality.
The TouchMix-16 comes complete with USB Wi-Fi adapter and carrying case.
Key features include:
*Stated features require Firmware Version 3.0 or greater
- Capacitive touchscreen offers a wealth of on-screen information while also providing confident hands-on control
- 120 presets provide real-world live sound settings for commonly-used instruments and microphones (see Presets Listing under Resources / Support)
- Simple and Advanced modes offer either basic or comprehensive controls
- Anti-Feedback and Room Tuning Wizards simplify complex equalization tasks
- Real-time analyzer (RTA) provides instantaneous display of channel tonal balance and room response
- 10 Aux mixes provide superior monitor configuration capabilities
- 22-channel direct-to-hard drive record/playback — capture and recall performances without the need for an external computer
- MP3 playback direct from USB
- On-board multi-language user guide
- 120 Channel Presets developed by experienced, live sound engineers in live venues working with musicians, all manner of instruments, popular microphones and pickups and multiple speaker systems. Specifically designed for live sound reinforcement of music and speech, less skilled users will be able to put together their best mixes ever while experienced operators will find that these presets let them get a great mix together in record time.
- The Anti-Feedback Wizard – available on all mix outputs – helps the operator “ring out” the system by automatically dropping narrow-band filters onto offending feedback frequencies during set-up. After the Wizard has done its job it continues to identify suspected feedback frequencies that can be suppressed using the “Manual Kill” button. For those who prefer to do it themselves, the Anti-Feedback filters may be adjusted manually.
- The Room Tuning Wizard assists the operator in adjusting equalization and fine tuning a loudspeaker system to an acoustical space. Once the Wizard has measured and compensated for room acoustics, the user can apply a factory programmed response or adjust to taste.
- Knowing what effect to use, routing inputs to it and sending the effect to the right outputs can be a daunting task. The Effects Wizard narrows those choices down to things that make sense for your instrument or vocal. Once you’ve selected an effect, the Wizard makes it simple to route to and from the effect. Easy for the novice – fast for the pro.
- The Gain Wizard continuously monitors and displays input clipping indicators along with providing guidance on properly setting input gain trim.
- TouchMix also helps get the most from your QSC amplifiers and loudspeakers. All mixer outputs include setting guides and presets for QSC amplifiers and speakers.
- Optimum gain setting for your K, K.2, KLA or KW speakers and GXD series amplifiers.
- On-board presets for K.2 Series replicate the application presets found on the K.2 Series rear panel.
- Presets for E-Series loudspeakers are also available that further optimize these loudspeakers’ performance.
- The color, capacitive touch screen provides a helpful, graphical user interface. Physical controls including a large, precise, master encoder combine with the display for fast, intuitive touch-and-turn operation. The graphic interface also makes it possible to provide more helpful guidance on many tasks.
- At the push of the Info button a complete, built-in user guide (in seven languages) is available on the mixer’s screen to help you understand every control and function.
- Simple and Advanced Modes - Simple mode presents a reduced set of controls that will be less confusing and intimidating to novice users. Individual sets of controls (EQ, compressors, gates, effects) may be set to Simple mode. Advanced Mode opens up all mixer parameters for complete control and refinement.
- Screens and controls are arranged and linked to assist workflow. Many functions may be accessed in multiple ways so you’ll find what you want where you expect to find it.
- A variety of complete mixer scenes designed for everything from corporate events to a full funk band with horns are built in to the mixers. You can save time and effort by recalling the scene that’s most similar to your show and making modifications as needed. You can also save your own scenes to the mixer’s internal memory or to USB media.
- All inputs include 4-band, fully parametric EQ. The high and low bands may be set as shelving EQ and there are variable high- and low-pass filters. Dynamics processing includes a gate and compressor (with a side-chain input available). EQ and dynamics processing have been tuned to be both musical and responsive.
- A 100 msec. delay is provided on all input channels - invaluable for A/V users and has creative applications in music mixing as well.
- All mix outputs feature a 1/3 octave graphic equalizer, a 6-band parametric EQ, variable high- and low-pass filters and a bank of eight narrow-band anti-feedback filters. In addition to the user-adjustable graphic equalizer, there is a second equalizer that’s used by the Room-Tuning Wizard. Completing the output processing is a limiter and a 100 msec. signal delay.
- TouchMix-16 four onboard effects model the go-to popular outboard processors professional engineers rely on. All effects processors can be utilized simultaneously without giving up any channels or aux mixes. You can choose from reverbs, chorus, pitch change, mono or stereo delay. In addition, there is a Pitch Correct effect that can be assigned to any input channel. There is also a dedicated FX Mute button on the mixer’s front panel.
- The most important aspect of any mixer is audio quality and in this regard, TouchMix leads the pack among all small mixers. With professional-grade, class-A microphone preamps, top-quality converters and meticulous attention to design detail throughout the entire signal path, the TouchMix Series delivers pristine audio quality that rivals mixers multiple times its cost.
- Depending on the engineer and the situation, there are several ways to work with an Aux mix. TouchMix supports them all. Mix on faders is directly accessible from the Home screen. The desired mix may be selected using the clearly labelled buttons on the left of the screen. If you prefer to send to auxes from the channels, simply go to the Auxes tab of any channel. And if you want to work with all the auxes at once, push the Aux button for an overview of all the aux mixes.
- The TouchMix-8 offers 10 auxiliary mixes. Mixes 1 – 6 have balanced, line-level outputs. There are also two stereo auxiliaries (7/8 and 9/10) with a TRS output that can drive wired In-Ear Monitors (IEM) or be configured as balanced mono outputs.
|254 mm (10 in) diagonal, 1024 x 600 pixel, color TFT, capacitive multi-touch sensing||178 mm (7 in) diagonal color TFT, capacitive touch sensing||178 mm (7 in) diagonal color TFT, capacitive touch sensing|
|Total||32 (24 mic/line, 6 line, 2 stereo USB)||22||14|
|Mic/Line||24 (20 XLR, 4 XLR combo)||16 (12 XLR, 4 XLR combo)||8 (4 XLR, 4 XLR combo)|
|Line||6 (balanced, 1/4" TRS + top panel 1/8" (3.5 mm) stereo)||2 Stereo (1/4" TRS)||2 Stereo (1/4" TRS)|
|Stereo USB||Stereo USB / MP3 playback||Stereo USB / MP3 playback||Stereo USB / MP3 playback|
|Talkback||1 (XLR with 48 V)||1 (XLR)||N/A|
|Input Channel Processing|
|EQ||4-band Parametric EQ with Hi/Low Shelving option, variable 24 db/octave HPF and LPF||4-band Parametric EQ with Hi/Low Shelving option, variable 24 db/octave HPF and LPF||4-band Parametric EQ with Hi/Low Shelving option, variable 24 db/octave HPF and LPF|
|Dynamics||Gate, Compressor||Gate, Compressor||Gate, Compressor|
|Delay||Delay (100 msec max)||Delay (100 msec max)||Delay (100 msec max)|
|Automatic Microphone Mixer||Gain Sharing, 24 channels, two instances (requires firmware 1.3 or higher)||N/A||N/A|
|Main L/R||2 (XLR, line-level)||2 (XLR, line-level)||2 (XLR, line-level)|
|Aux||14 (XLR, line-level)||6 (XLR, line-level) + 2 (TRS, stereo In Ear Monitor or mono balanced line-level)||4 (XLR, line-level)|
|In-ear Monitor (Stereo)||2 (TRS, 16 ohm min. impedance, from Auxes 11/12 and 13/14)||2 (TRS, 16 ohm min. impedance, from Auxes 7/8 and 9/10)||1 (TRS, 16 ohm min. impedance, from Auxes 3/4)|
|Cue||2 (Stereo, TRS, line or headphone, 16 ohm min. impedance)||1 (Stereo, TRS, line or headphone, 16 ohm min. impedance)||1 (Stereo, TRS, line or headphone, 16 ohm min. impedance)|
|Monitor L/R||2 (Stereo, XLR)||1 (Stereo, TRS, line or headphone, 16 ohm min. impedance)||N/A|
|Output Channel Processing|
|EQ||1/3 octave GEQ, 6-band Parametric EQ, Variable High- and Low-Pass Filters||1/3 octave GEQ, 6-band Parametric EQ, Variable High- and Low-Pass Filters||1/3 octave GEQ, 6-band Parametric EQ, Variable High- and Low-Pass Filters|
|Anti-Feedback Filters||12-band Anti-Feedback Filters||8-band Anti-Feedback Filters||8-band Anti-Feedback Filters|
|Dynamics||Compressor / Limiter||Limiter||Limiter|
|Delay||100 msec||100 msec||100 msec|
|Recording / Playback1|
|Multi-Track||32 × 32 tracks direct to hard drive||22 × 22 tracks direct to hard drive||14 × 14 tracks direct to hard drive|
|DAW||32 × 32 tracks Interface for macOS® (Core Audio) and Windows® computers||N/A||N/A|
|MP3||Stereo USB / MP3 playback||Stereo USB / MP3 playback||Stereo USB / MP3 playback|
|DCA||8 (with Mutes)||8 (with Mutes)||8 (with Mutes)|
|Sub Groups||8 (with 6-band Parametric EQ with High- and Low-Pass Filters, Limiter)||N/A||N/A|
|Selectable. AFL, PFL, Solo in Place||Selectable. AFL, PFL||Selectable. AFL, PFL|
|6 simultaneous, professional effects engines including Reverb, Echo, Delay, Chorus, Pitch Shift||4 simultaneous, professional effects engines including Reverb, Echo, Delay, Chorus, Pitch Shift||4 simultaneous, professional effects engines including Reverb, Echo, Delay, Chorus, Pitch Shift|
|1 Pitch Correct (assignable to any mono input channel)||1 Pitch Correct (assignable to any mono input channel)||1 Pitch Correct (assignable to any mono input channel)|
|Real Time Analyzer (RTA)|
|2 (1/3 octave, assignable to channels or user selectable source)||1 (1/3 octave. Assignable to channels or user selectable source)||1 (1/3 octave. Assignable to channels or user selectable source)|
|99 User Scenes, 120 Factory Presets, 99 User Presets||99 User Scenes, 120 Factory Presets, 99 User Presets||99 User Scenes, 120 Factory Presets, 99 User Presets|
|2 USB A connector, 1 USB B connector, 1 RJ-45 (connection for Wi-Fi router)||2 USB A connectors||2 USB A connectors|
|TouchMix-30 Control App for iOS®/Android™ (via Wi-Fi). Third party control surfaces (via mixer or iOS® tablet)||TouchMix-8/16 Control App for iOS® and Android devices controls all mixer functions via Wi-Fi.||TouchMix-8/16 Control App for iOS® and Android devices controls all mixer functions via Wi-Fi.|
|Requires external ethernet Wi-Fi router (recommended) or USB Wi-Fi adaptor 3 (not included)||USB Wi-Fi adaptor (included) or external Wi-Fi router (requires USB to ethernet adaptor)||USB Wi-Fi adaptor (included) or external Wi-Fi router (requires USB to ethernet adaptor)|
|Shipping Container||580 × 290 × 485 mm
22.8 × 11.4 × 19 in
|620 × 380 × 120 mm
24.4 × 15 × 4.7 in
|510 × 420 × 114 mm
20 × 16.5 × 4.5 in
|Mixer only||190 × 429 × 460 mm
7.5 in × 16.9 in × 18.1 in
|58 × 360 × 291 mm
2.3 in × 14.2 in × 11.5 in
|56 × 333 × 245 mm
2.2 in × 13.1 in × 9.6 in
|Shipping||11.2 kg / 24.7 lb||5.2 kg / 11.5 lb||4.8 kg / 10.6 lb|
|Mixer only||7.9 kg / 17.5 lb||2.98 kg / 5.9 lb||1.95 kg / 4.3 lb|
|85 W, 100-240 VAC, 50-60 Hz||42 W, 100 - 240 VAC, 50 - 60 Hz||42 W, 100 - 240 VAC, 50 - 60 Hz|
|Selectable 44.1 kHz or 48 kHz||Selectable 44.1 kHz or 48 kHz||Selectable 44.1 kHz or 48 kHz|
|32-bit floating point||32-bit floating point||32-bit floating point|
|<0.005%, +4 dBu; 20 Hz-20 kHz, unity gain, any input to any output||<0.005%, +4 dBu; 20 Hz-20 kHz, unity gain, any input to any output||<0.005%, +4 dBu; 20 Hz-20 kHz, unity gain, any input to any output|
|20 Hz-20 kHz +/-0.5 dB, any input to any output||20 Hz-20 kHz +/-0.5 dB, any input to any output||20 Hz-20 kHz +/-0.5 dB, any input to any output|
|105 dB||105 dB||105 dB|
|Equivalent input Noise|
|-126 dBu||-126 dBu||-126 dBu|
|Residual Output Noise|
|-86 dBu||-86 dBu||-86 dBu|
|-80 dB||-80 dB||-80 dB|
|-94 dB||-94 dB||-94 dB|
|Gain (Mic Inputs)|
|75 dB (60 dB analog, 15 dB digital)||75 dB (60 dB analog, 15 dB digital)||75 dB (60 dB analog, 15 dB digital)|
|Maximum input Level|
|+16 dB (XLR mic/line inputs), +26 dB ( TRS mic/line inputs), +24 dBu (TRS line inputs), 0 dBv (top panel 1/8" stereo input)||+16 dBu (Mic/Line inputs, XLR), +26 dBu (Mic/Line inputs, TRS), +22 dBu (Stereo inputs)||+16 dBu (Mic/Line inputs, XLR), +26 dBu (Mic/Line inputs, TRS), +22 dBu (Stereo inputs)|
|Maximum Output Level|
|+22 dBu (all line-level outputs)||+22 dBu (all line-level outputs)||+22 dBu (all line-level outputs)|
|48 v, mic and talkback inputs, individually switchable||48 v, all mic inputs, individually switchable||48 v, all mic inputs, individually switchable|
|Power cable||USB Wi-Fi adapter, soft carrying case, power supply||USB Wi-Fi adapter, soft carrying case, power supply|
|TouchMix-30 Pro Cover (Dust cover)
TouchMix-30 Pro Tote (Soft, padded tote)
TMR-2 (Rack mount kit)
TS-1 (Tablet support stand)
|TMR-1 (Rack kit)||TMR-1 (Rack kit)|
|UL, CE, FCC (Class B), RoHS||NRTL-Approved, CE, FCC (Class B), RoHS||NRTL-Approved, CE, FCC (Class B), RoHS|
1 A list of drives that have been validated by QSC may be found at qsc.com. The hard drive market is continuously changing. There are many drives QSC has not validated that are compatible with TouchMix multi-track recording. Always test external drives for compatibility before using. Minimum requirement is USB 3.0 SSD (recommended) or minimum 7800 RPM hard-drive , FAT32 format.
2 The TouchMix Personal Monitor App requires iOS 8 or higher.
3 TouchMix mixers do not support off the shelf USB Wi-Fi adaptors. Only QSC part number CP-000033-00 is supported.
All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.