The SM48 unidirectional dynamic microphone is a great performance microphone. It maintains a true cardioid pattern throughoutits frequency range, ensuring high gain before feedback and rejection of off-axis sound.
The tailored frequency response is ideal for lead vocals, backup vocals, and spoken word applications. A presence rise brightens mid-range performance, and a low frequency roll off controls proximity effect.
The SM48 includes a shock-mounted cartridge, a steel mesh grille, and an integral ,pop , filter.
- Cardioid pickup pattern rejects off-axis sound and provides superior gain before feedback
- Frequency response tailored for vocals, with brightened mid-range and bass rolloff to control proximity effect
- Shock-mounted cartridge for exceptional ruggedness and reduced handling noise
- Built-in ,pop, filter that reduces explosive breath sounds and wind noise
- Supplied stand adapter and carrying/storage bag
- Lockable On/Off switch (Model SM48S only)
- Legendary Shure quality and ruggedness
55 to 14000 Hz
Cardioid (unidirectional)-rotationally symmetrical about microphone axis, uniform with frequency
Microphone rating impedance is 150 ohms (270 ohms actual) for connection to microphone inputs rated at 19 to 300 ohms
Output Level (at 1000 Hz)
Open Circuit Voltage: * -57.5 dBV/Pa (1.3 mV)
*1 Pa = 94 dB SPL
XLR professional audio
Positive pressure on diaphragm produces positive voltage on pin 2 with respect to pin 3.
See User Guide
370 grams (13.1 oz)
672 grams (1 lb, 8.5 oz)
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.