Dual-voice ribbon microphone features a bi-directional pattern for premier audio, superior off-axis rejection, and a highly durable ribbon element for increased resilience at extreme SPLs.
with Roswellite® Ribbon Technology
The KSM313/NE is a premium bi-directional ribbon microphone for world-class audio and performance. The dual-voice design features discrete front-and-rear side sonic signatures for use with amplified instruments or intimate vocal applications. Assembled from state-of-the art transducers, transformers, and metals as the pinnacle of Shure quality for prestigious vocal and acoustic performances.
The high-tensile strength, toughness, and shape memory of Roswellite® ribbon material replaces traditional foil ribbons for superior resilience at extreme SPLs.
With unique technology and application features, alongside superior materials and construction, Shure KSM Ribbon Microphones are the necessary choice for the world’s most accomplished studio and live performances.
- Bi-directional polar pattern delivers premier audio with superior off-axis rejection
- True Dual-Voice tuned specifically for user’s for choice of response: warm and full for amplifiers, or swivel for bright and flattering vocals
- Revolutionary Roswellite® proprietary ribbon material replaces traditional foil ribbons with high tensile strength, toughness, and shape memory that provides superior resilience at extreme SPLs
- Custom-sourced components for superior presence, minimized signal loss, and maximized output
- 146 dB SPL across 30 – 15,000 Hz frequency response ideal for capturing fast transients in vocals, acoustic instruments, and concert halls
- Legendary Shure quality and superior construction from hand-assembly of machined steel, silver, gold, and aluminum materials
The KSM313 is a premium bidirectional ribbon microphone for world-class audio recording and performance. The "Dual-Voice" design features discrete front and rear sonic signatures to accurately capture intimate vocals or intricate instrumentation.
The KSM313 is hand-assembled from state-of-the-art transducers, transformers and metals as the pinnacle of Shure quality. The revolutionary Roswellite® ribbon material replaces traditional foil ribbons with high tensile strength, toughness and shape-memory, providing superior resilience at extreme sound pressure levels (SPLs).
- Legendary Shure quality and superior construction from hand-assembly of machined steel, silver, gold and aluminum components
- Revolutionary Roswellite ribbon material replaces traditional foil ribbons with high tensile strength, toughness and shape-memory, providing superior resilience at extreme SPLs
- True “Dual-Voice” ribbon motor assembly, tuned specifically for user’s choice of frequency response: address the front for warm and full sounding amplifiers, or swivel around for bright and flattering vocals and acoustic instruments
- 30–15,000 Hz frequency response ideal for capturing vocals, acoustic and amplified instruments
- Uniform bidirectional polar pattern throughout the frequency range
- Custom-wound, double-shielded, full-size transformer minimizes signal loss and RF interference, and maximizes output
- Improved hard stand mount for flexible, discreet mic placement
Ribbon microphones perform optimally with the least amount of loading on the ribbon element as practical. The higher the impedance input on the microphone, the better the low-end and mid-range frequencies are represented in the output signal. Shure recommends using preamps with impedance settings of 1000 Ohms or more, although different load impedances may be used for a desired sound quality.
This is a low-noise microphone. The combination of its efficient transducer, robust shielding, and custom transformer produces a low noise floor and output level equal to moving coil microphones.
Shure ribbon microphones have an exceptionally smooth, natural response and perform best with preamps that provide simple, transparent gain. However, Shure encourages experimentation to find the desired combination of color and transparency.
The unique Dual-Voice design of the KSM313 produces discrete front and rear sonic signatures. Position the sides, the null points of a bidirectional microphone, towards any unwanted sound sources. Some typical applications are listed below.
Address the front for a warmer, darker tone
- Electric guitar amplifiers
- Brass and woodwind instruments
- Upright bass
- Kick Drum
Address the rear* for a brighter tone with increased presence
- Acoustic string instruments
- Drum overheads and percussion
*When addressing the back side of a bidirectional mic, please remember to invert the signal polarity. Shure’s A15PRS accessory is an in-line, balanced, polarity-reversing switch capable of this operation and is available online at: store.shure.com
Mounting the Microphone
Thread the supplied stand adapter onto a floor or boom stand and insert the microphone.
Note: To reduce low-frequency vibrations transmitted through the stand, use an isolating shock mount. Visit www.shure.com for more information.
Directional microphones progressively boost bass frequencies as the microphone is placed in closer proximity to the source. This phenomenon, known as proximity effect, can be used to create a warmer, more powerful sound.
Care and Handling
To protect your microphone, keep a few simple precautions in mind to ensure long-term performance:
- Store your microphone in its protective case when it is not in use.
- Maintain a reasonable distance from fluorescent lights, power transformers, and other strong electromagnetic sources to avoid hum.
- Use a secure mount and stand and a quality balanced, shielded XLR connecting cable. For additional mounting accessories, visit our website: www.shure.com
- Phantom power is not necessary and should not be supplied when connecting or disconnecting the microphone. However, properly supplied phantom power will not harm the microphone.
Dual-Voice Roswellite® Ribbon
30 to 15,000 Hz
open circuit voltage, @ 1 kHz, typical
-54.5 dBV/Pa  (1.88 mV)
146 dB SPL
Positive pressure on diaphragm produces positive voltage on pin 2 with respect to pin 3
400 g (14 oz.)
|ShureLock® Stand Mount. Works with KSM313/NE, KSM313, KSM 353/ED.
|Protective Velveteen Pouch. Works with KSM313/NE.
|Elastic suspension shock mount. Works with all KSM313 versions
|Switchable Polarity Reverser
|Popper Stopper® Pop Filter with Metal Gooseneck and Microphone Stand Clamp
|25 foot (7.5m) Triple-Flex® Microphone XLR Cable with Switchcraft connectors
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.