Control for the best step sequencer at your fingertips
Deep integration with studio ones Pattern Editor allows for evolving step sequences that will bring your productions to life. Insert a pattern, change its length, add new variations, and change scales—right from the ATOM SQ. Need to make changes on the fly? ATOM SQ lets you open the studio Pattern Editor, select and edit steps individually, and even copy, paste, duplicate, and delete events, all using tactile controls. You’ll build compositions faster than ever before using the built-in step sequencer in Studio One and ATOM SQ. It’s fast and easy for anyone who knows how to program a drum machine. Experimenting yields particularly rewarding results because ATOM SQ can constrain your performance to the scale of your choice. No more wrong notes!
A complete production toolkit
Included with ATOM SQ, Studio One Artist music production software enables you to compose, record, and produce without getting distracted by the tools or hemmed in with track limitations. Easy to learn and intuitive to use, Studio One’s unique drag-and-drop workflow and powerful tools will let you produce faster than ever before. Also included are two carefully-curated loop libraries with custom Impact XT kits. New to version 5: Studio One Artist now lets you use your favorite third-party VST and AU plug-in effects and virtual instruments. You also now have complete support for Studio One Remote so you can use your iPad® or Android™ tablet as a second screen or a remote Studio One controller. And with ATOM SQ, you have the most flexible PreSonus Studio One MIDI controller available.
Ableton Live integration and more
ATOM SQ is also a unique Ableton Live controller, designed for production and live performance. You can launch clips and scenes during a performance, select devices and edit parameters, navigate tracks and scenes, control each track’s volume, panning, and send levels—plus do all your drum programming in Ableton from the ATOM SQ! Ableton Live Lite is included, so you can get to creating right away. It comes with all of Live’s essential workflows, instruments, and effects—everything you need to record songs, create hands-on with your controller, take music made in your apps further, and so much more.
ATOM SQ is highly configurable. You can freely remap instrument parameters to different hardware controls, so your rotary encoders can control everything from filter cutoff to drum tuning, for the ultimate drum programming experience. You can colorize the RGB LEDs as you please to color-code your loops and samples. ATOM SQ’s LCD screen is used to display context-sensitive information, and uses a dynamic button system that changes functions depending on the task at hand. Need to add more swing to your arpeggiator or change the CC assignment of a controller? The LCD screen details functions you need, right when you need them for the job at hand.
Navigation and transport control
ATOM SQ is more than an expressive pad controller—it also lets you navigate many aspects of Studio One without a mouse and keyboard. You’ve got transport controls for stop, play, and record, plus a dedicated Click Track toggle. You can even zoom in and out of your timeline and navigate among your tracks, all without skipping a beat.
Wherever sound takes you...
With its unique staggered-pad layout, contextual screen design, and customization tools, ATOM SQ lets you stay in the moment of creation. Its small-footprint, USB bus-powered design means you can slip it right into your bag and produce anywhere you and your laptop might happen to go, and the complete suite of integrated software lets you start creating right out of the box. Whether you’re in the studio, on stage, or on the road, ATOM SQ gives you the freedom to create, wherever sound takes you.
Apple Silicon, iOS, and iPadOS compatibility—standard.
The PreSonus ATOM SQ is natively compatible with Apple Silicon-based Mac computers*, as well as iOS and iPadOS devices, including iPad Pro, iPad, iPad Air, iPad Mini, iPod Touch, and iPhone. Because it's USB class-compliant, there are no special drivers or applications to download and install. You'll be able to produce on the go—everything from podcasts to folk rock to trap—wherever sound takes you.
- A complete music production package featuring a hybrid MIDI keyboard/pad performance and production controller with Studio One® Artist and Ableton® Live Lite both included
- 32 velocity- and pressure-sensitive, RGB LED pads in a unique, staggered layout; intuitive for keyboard players and step sequencer fans
- Context-sensitive screen displays valuable parameter information, including CC assignments, swing, and much more
- Eight endless rotary encoders can be easily configured to control nearly any software parameter
- Includes 2 loop packs with custom kits for Impact XT
- Expressive arpeggiator for dramatic, easily-performed melodies
- Includes custom-curated content libraries for ATOM SQ
- Constrain to Scale feature puts an end to wrong notes forever
- MCU and HUI modes for transport control in nearly every DAW
- Powerful MIDI mode lets you control your favorite DAW or virtual instrument with ease
- USB bus-powered for easy connectivity and maximum portability
Studio One Integration Features
- Automatically detected by Studio One, no setup required
- Deep integration with Studio One’s Pattern Editor for intuitive step sequencer programming
- Navigate and choose instruments and effects from the Browser
- Change presets on virtual instruments and effects
- Create a new track
- Activate the metronome and change song tempo
- Set looping points in the timeline
- Navigate the timeline
- Zoom in and out on the timeline or events
- Directly edit MIDI events and apply the Quantization or Humanization commands
- Transport control (stop, play, record)
- Studio One dynamically switches ATOM between Keyboard and Drum modes depending on the selected instrument
- Requires Studio One 5 or later for full integration support
Ableton Live Integration Features
- Seamless Integration with Ableton Live
- Use ATOM SQ’s Constrain to Scale mode and Arpeggiator to perform live
- Change session tempo, navigate the timeline, open/close windows, and display which windows are open or closed
- Control track volume, panning, send level and solo/mute/arm status
- Select a Device and edit its parameters
- Navigate Clips and Scenes
- Launch or stop Clips and Scenes
- Control Live’s crossfader with ATOM SQ’s touch strip
- Transport control (stop, play, record) plus "Capture MIDI"
- User Mode for custom assignments
- Requires Ableton Live version 10.1.15 or later for full integration support
- Studio One native
- Live native
- Standard MIDI controller
- USB-C™-compatible port
- Studio One Artist production software for macOS® and Windows®
- Ableton Live Lite (for registered users after October 20, 2019)
- 2 bonus loop packs with custom kits for Studio One’s Impact XT
- Compatible with most music production and performance software for macOS and Windows
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.