Launchkey is Novation's easy-to-use MIDI keyboard controller with Synth-weighted keys. It's a quick and easy way to produce and perform electronic music, especially in Ableton Live - because it was designed specifically for the purpose. You just plug in via USB and the keys, faders, knobs and pads immediately spring into life, giving you hands-on control of your grid, instruments, effects and mixer.
Of course, if you don't use Ableton, it'll automatically map to other major music software too.
Play with Feeling
The heart of any MIDI keyboard controller is the keyboard itself. The Launchkey synth-style keyboard is lightweight, fast and very easy to play, but also velocity-sensitive so you can create truly expressive performances. You can choose between 25, 49 and 61-note versions, depending on whether you want portability or practicality.
Easily Make Beats and Trigger Loops
Sixteen RGB pads provide clip colour-matched feedback to enhance your workflow, letting you create and launch clips, trigger samples, control FX and loads more, all whilst playing your keys. They're also velocity-sensitive, so you can really put some feeling into your beats.
Tweak and Mix Your Tracks
Launchkey is designed to let you shape your sound however you like. The eight rotary knobs are rock solid, designed to give you confidence when tweaking your instruments and effects. The 49 and 61-note versions give you hands-on control of your mixer too, with nine dedicated faders. However many controls you opt for, they will all integrate seamlessly and immediately with Ableton Live, and can be reassigned to anything.
Control All Major Music Software
Your choice of music software is crucial to your creativity. Although we designed Launchkey for Ableton Live, its pads, buttons, faders and knobs take control of all other major music software too using InControl.
Launchkey is fully USB bus-powered and class compliant, so it works straight away without power supplies or drivers on Mac or PC.
- 25, 49 or 61 note velocity sensitive synth style keyboard
- 16 full-colour RGB backlit velocity sensitive drum pads
- 8 knobs
- 9 sliders (49 &, 61 note) 1 slider (25 note)
- 6 dedicated transport controls
- Pitch bend and modulation wheels
- 2 octave / transpose buttons
- 7 segment 3 character LED display
- 2 Track / MIDI Channel buttons
- 8 mute / solo buttons plus toggle button (49 &, 61 note)
- 3 InControl buttons (49 &, 61 note) 2 InControl buttons (25 note)
- 2 full-colour RGB backlit round buttons
- USB socket
- DC power socket
- Sustain pedal 1/4", jack socket
- Kensington security slot
Ableton Live Lite 9 is included
If you already have Ableton Live it must be version 9 or greater to work with Launchkey. It is recommended that you update to the latest version as previous versions of Ableton Live do not include the Launchkey integration for InControl. Launchkey will also work as a standard MIDI controller.
- Fully USB bus powered on Mac or PC.
- Camera connection kit or USB camera adapter required for use with iOS devices (not included). Power supply must also be used (not included).
- Maximum power consumption 9V DC 250mA
- Power supply not included
Launchkey 25: 450mm length x 270mm depth x 90mm height
Launchkey 49: 775mm length x 270mm depth x 90mm height
Launchkey 61: 940mm length x 270mm depth x 90mm height
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.