The Scarlett OctoPre Dynamic from Focusrite is an eight-channel preamp and interface suitable for expanding the input array of any studio, and also, for use on stage. Connections are secured via eight combination inputs, each one giving you jacks that accept 1/4" and XLR cables. Two of the inputs can handle Hi-Z instruments as well, allowing you to plug in guitars and basses. Eight 1/4" line outs are also available via the rear panel. Also provided are eight channels of AD/DA conversion up to 192 kHz. This feature, combined with the unit's back-panel ADAT I/O section, renders the Scarlett OctoPre Dynamic quite suitable for expanding the input and output capability of interfaces such as the Scarlett 18i8, 18i20, or indeed, any interface connectable via ADAT. As its name suggests, the Scarlett OctoPre Dynamic provides a compressor on each individual input more specifically, a soft-knee VCA compressor operated by a signal knob. You can use this compressor in transparent mode for a more natural transient-taming response, or depress the More button to achieve a more noticeable sound out of the compressor. Along with the dynamic controls, the high-headroom, 2nd-generation Scarlett mic preamps render the unit suitable for recording loud sound sources, such as drums.48V phantom power is available to power condenser microphones, as is a sample-rate selection button, a word clock sync button, instrument mode button, and moreall controllable from the front panel. 5-segment LED input metering provides an accurate readout of your levels. With its flexibility in accepting/routing signal via ADAT or analog connection points, you'll find this device useful in both studio and live environments.
- Eight 2nd-generation Scarlett mic preamps
- Analog compression on every channel
- Eight balanced line inputs
- Focusrite precision AD/DA conversion up to sample rates of 192 kHz
- Two front-panel instrument input controls
- Pad-induced headroom for tracking loud sources such as drums
- Eight balanced line outputs - suitable for live use
- 5-segment LED input meteringÂ¬â€
- ADAT connectivity via optical cables
- 48V phantom power available on every channel for condenser mics
- Digital clocking with Word Clock I/O and JetPLL jitter elimination
- Included Softube Time and Tone bundle (software)
- Included Focusrite Red 3 plug-in suite
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.