SE846 Professional Sound Isolating™ Earphones deliver extended high-end clarity + unparalleled low-end performance through quad high-definition drivers. The durable, secure design includes a detachable cable with wireform fit to keep earphones in place and cables out of the way. Sound Isolating technology with selection of sleeves blocks up to 37 dB of outside noise and ensures custom, comfortable fit; while a removable metal nozzle with changeable inserts allows for further customization of frequency response. Includes a premium carrying case, 1/4” adapter, fit kit with wide selection of sleeves, and nozzle removal tool with changeable insert
With four high-definition drivers, a groundbreaking low-pass filter, a customizable frequency response, and a detachable cable, the SE846 Professional Sound Isolating™ Earphones are engineered for unparalleled audio monitoring in a durable, discrete design. Secure, over the ear cable with wireform fit ensures earphones stay in place and out of the way during hours of wear. Sound Isolating technology with selection of sleeves blocks up to 37 dB of outside noise and ensures custom, comfortable fit. Includes a premium carrying case, 1/4” adapter, fit kit with wide selection of sleeves, and nozzle removal tool with changeable inserts for frequency response adjustments.
- Four high-definition drivers provide extended high-end clarity and unparalleled lowend performance for a state-of-the-art listening experience
- Three-way system configuration for dedicated low, mid and high frequency distribution
- Groundbreaking low-pass filter provides the previously unattainable deep low-end performance of a true subwoofer—without sacrificing clarity or detail
- Adjustable frequency response for customizable sound signatures with removable metal nozzle and changeable nozzle inserts (balanced, warm, and bright options included)
- Sound Isolating™ design featuring fit kit with a variety of sleeves blocks up to 37 dB of outside noise for immersive listening on stage or on the streets.
- Innovative detachable cable system for flexible connection and wearing options with two standard 3.5 mm audio cables included (46” and 64”).
- Detachable cable is durable enough to withstand everyday wear, yet allows for easy replacement in case of damage.
- Silver-plated MMCX connector has a lock-snap mechanism allowing 360-degree rotation for a comfortable fit.
- Secure, over-the-ear design ensures earphones stay in place and out of the way for unmatched, long-wearing comfort.
- Designed to withstand the rigors of live performance with two-year warranty.
- Includes a premium carrying case, 1/4” adapter, fit kit with wide selection of sleeves, clothing clip, cleaning cloth, and nozzle removal tool with changeable inserts for frequency response adjustments.
Sound Isolating™ Earphones
Shure Sound Isolating™ Earphones, built with balanced armature speakers, deliver a detailed soundstage free from outside noise. The powerful and stylish Shure SE earphones come with a detachable cable, adapters, a durable carrying case, and interchangeable Sound Isolating sleeves for a comfortable and personalized fit.
Choosing a Sleeve
Select an earphone sleeve that provides the best fit and sound isolation. It should be easy to insert, fit comfortably, and easy to remove.
|Soft Flex Sleeves: In small, medium, and large sizes. Made from pliable rubber.|
|Soft Foam Sleeves: Compress the foam sleeve between your fingers and insert into the ear canal. Hold in place for about ten seconds while the foam expands.|
|Triple-Flange Sleeves: If desired, use scissors to trim the stem on the sleeve.|
Wearing the Earphones
Wear them like earplugs. A good acoustic seal provides maximum bass.
- Select a sleeve.
- Twist and pull to remove. Push new sleeve on fully. Compress foam sleeve slightly.
- Insert firmly into ear. Wear cable over and behind ear. Tighten the cable and take up slack by raising the cable cinch.
Important: If there seems to be a lack of low frequency response (bass), this means that the earphone sleeve is not forming a tight seal. Gently push the earphone deeper into the ear canal or try a different sleeve.
Warning: Do not push the earphone sleeve beyond the ear canal opening.
Wearing the cable over the ear and securing it behind the head can help keep the earphones in place during physical activity.
- Twist and pull to remove the sleeve from the nozzle.
- Slide on a new sleeve so that it completely covers the barb and the nozzle.
Caution: If the barb or any of the nozzle is exposed, the sleeve is not properly installed. Replace sleeves if they do not tightly grip the nozzle. To ensure proper fit and performance, use only sleeves supplied by Shure (unless using custom molded sleeves).
Removing the Earphones
Grasp the body of earphone and gently twist to remove.
Note: Do not pull on cable to remove earphone.
You may need to detach the cable from the earphones to attach optional components or to replace the cable if it becomes damaged. To prevent accidental separation, the connector has a snug fit. Take special care to prevent damage to the earphone and connector.
- Do not use pliers or other tools.
- Grasp the connector and the earphone as close as possible to where they join.
- Pull straight apart—do not twist. Cable is a snap fit, not threaded.
Note: If you pull at an angle, the connector will not detach.
- Do not pull on the cable or put any pressure on the earphone nozzle.
- Listen for a click when connecting.
- When reattaching the cable, match the "L" and "R" markings. For clear cables and earphones, match the color dots (Red=Right, Blue=Left).
Maintenance and Cleaning
Careful maintenance ensures a tight seal between the sleeve and nozzle, improving sound quality and product safety.
- Keep the earphones and sleeves as clean and dry as possible.
- To clean sleeves, remove them from earphones, gently rinse in warm water and air dry. Foam sleeves require a longer drying time. Inspect for damage and replace if necessary. Ear sleeves must be completely dry before reusing.
- Wipe the earphones and sleeves with mild antiseptic to avoid infections. Do not use alcohol-based disinfectants.
- Do not expose earphones to extreme temperatures.
- Replace sleeves if they do not fit properly.
- Do not attempt to modify this product. Doing so will void the warranty and could result in personal injury and/or product failure.
Cleaning the Nozzle
If you notice a change in sound quality, remove the sleeve and check the nozzle of your earphone. If nozzle is blocked, clear obstructions.
If no obstruction is found or if sound quality does not improve, replace the sleeve with a new sleeve or disassemble the nozzle to clean inside.
Caution: When cleaning, do not force any object through the earphone nozzle! This will damage the earphone sound filter.
Interchangeable Nozzle Insert
Three varieties of nozzle insert provide customizable frequency responses for a personalized listening experience. Use these instructions to replace or clean the nozzle insert.
|Blue||Balanced||Neutral (as shipped)|
|White||Bright||+2.5 dB, 1 kHz to 8 kHz|
|Black||Warm||−2.5 dB, 1 kHz to 8 kHz|
Removing the Nozzle
Note: The nozzle contains small parts. Choose a proper work surface before disassembly.
- Place the nozzle key (included with earphones) over the nozzle.
- Turn the key counter-clockwise to loosen and remove the threaded collar.
- Pull gently on the nozzle with your fingers to remove.
- Using your fingers only, grasp the end of the nozzle insert and gently slide it out.
Caution: Do not use any tools or your teeth as this could cause damage to the nozzle insert.
Reassembling the Nozzle
- Gently slide the insert into the nozzle.
Important: The insert needs to be fully seated. Reposition until it slides in easily. Do not force.
- Insert the nozzle into the earphone, aligning the dots so it matches the keyed opening.
- Place the threaded collar over the nozzle. After ensuring the threads are properly engaged, use the nozzle key to gently turn clockwise.
Caution: There should be no resistance to turning the collar until fully threaded into the housing. Check the following:
- The insert is fully seated in the nozzle.
- The nozzle is properly seated in the housing (dots aligned).
- Once you are certain that the nozzle is properly seated and the collar threaded all the way into the earphone housing, use the key to tighten the collar just enough to ensure it will not loosen during normal earphone usage.
The airline adapter accessory is a dual-mono adapter plug for compatibility with the in-seat entertainment systems on certain international airlines.
15 Hz –20 kHz
at 1 kHz
114 dB SPL/mW
at 1 kHz
up to37 dB
- Fit Kit with assorted sleeves
- Zippered carrying case
- 64-inch detachable cable
- Airline adapter
- ¼-inch (6.3 mm) adapter
- Cable clip
- Nozzle removal key
- Nozzle inserts for custom frequency response
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.