The RME ADI-6432R BNC 64-Channel 192 kHz MADI/AES Format Converter (Single-Mode) offers broadcasters the ease of integration and fail-safe operation through the utilization of industry standard BNC connectors and dual redundant power supplies, while offering 64 channels of I/O capability. The BNC version targets broadcast and professional users who require AES-3id connections - coaxial 75Ω cables with up to 984.2' (300m) length. Typical applications include 2 ADI-6432R converter used as digital multicore, or 1 unit used as an AES-3id frontend for the HDSPe MADI card. Up to 192 kHz at 24 bits is supported. With the built-in 2 height units, the ADI-6432R BNC converter provides enough space for all connectors and control elements.
AES-3id, an extension to the AES-3 standard also known as AES/EBU, carries the exact same data as the latter, but uses a different cable (75Ω unbalanced instead of 110Ω balanced) with different connectors (BNC instead of XLR) and low voltage (1 Vpp instead of 4 Vpp). Therefore, the ADI-6432R BNC converter has 64 BNC connectors on its back. The ADI-6432R BNC Converter also provides both coaxial (BNC) and optical (SC plug to multi-mode glass fiber) MADI connectors. MADI handles 64 channels of 24-bit audio at sampling frequencies up to 48 kHz, 32 channels up to 96 kHz, and 16 channels up to 192 kHz. All channels are transferred across a single cable, either coaxial (BNC) or optical network cable. In both cases, cable lengths of more than 328' (100m) can be achieved. The ADI-6432R Converter accepts 56-channel and 64-channel MADI formats, as well as 96k frame at its input, and can be set to generate those formats at its output.
The ADI-6432R Converter, available with Single-Mode MADI connectors, is compatible to existing single-mode networks and to MADI signal distribution over extremely long distances (up to 10km).
- RME's SteadyClock lets the ADI-6432R Converter use MADI without an additional word clock connection, and ensures efficient clock quality in every situation. Due to highly efficient jitter reduction, any clock signal - even AES and word - can be improved and refreshed, and subsequently be used as reference clock at the unit's outputs. It has ICC (Intelligent Clock Control).
- The SyncCheck and AutoSync technology has been incorporated into the Intelligent Clock Control of the Hammerfall DSP system. HDSP is a digital I/O-system that is capable of measuring and displaying the frequency of all clock sources. Based on validity and current sample rate, the system decides which clock source should be used, fully automated and performed in hardware. With this, the HDSP system offers ease at handling the present clocks, despite having a lot of digital inputs, plus strong support when configuring the clock setup. It will retain the last valid sample frequency in case of a loss of the input signal.
- 16 MIDI channels can be transferred invisibly across MADI, at the full count of 64 audio channels. The same applies to RS232. Be it 9600, 19200, or 115200 Baud, thanks to a 9-pin COM port, the ADI-6432R Converter can be used as an extender for serial cables, with no effect on the audio functionality.
- Additionally, the device can be fully remote controlled and configured via MIDI, and all status displays can be queried through MIDI. Each ADI-6432R Converter can be given a separate ID, allowing separate remote controllability of various devices with only a single MIDI channel.
- The ADI-6432R Converter is compatible with any MADI interface from other companies, like Sony, Merging, Lawo, Euphonix, Stagetec, Jünger, Audio Service, AMS, and others.
- The unit also includes lots of typical RME features such as support up to 192 kHz with MADI and AES, status displays for MADI and AES, SteadyClock for maximum jitter reduction and clock regeneration, complete remote controllability via MIDI, transfer of MIDI data via MADI, transfer of RS232 data via MADI, and a redunidant power supply.
RME ADI-6432R BNC Specs
|Input/Output||MADI: 1 x BNC, 1 x optical
AES-3id: 32 x BNC (coaxial 75 Ω)
|Word Clock||Input: BNC, Signal Adaptation Circuit (functional from 1.2 Vpp)
Output: BNC, low impedance driver stage, 4 Vpp into 75 Ω, short-circuit-proof
|MIDI In/Out||Via two 5-pin DIN jacks|
|COM Ports||RS232 via 9-pin D-sub, 9600 / 19200 / 115200 Baud|
|Sync||MADI, AES, word clock, and internal|
|Varipitch||By input signal or word clock|
|Sampling Frequency||44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4, 192 kHz, variable (sync/word clock)|
|Sample Rate||MADI: 32 to 192 kHz, word clock: 27 to 200 kHz, AES: 28 to 200 kHz|
|Jitter||Internal Clock < 1 ns, Word Clock In < 2 ns, AES-3id In < 2 ns
Suppression: >30 dB (2.4 kHz)
Sensitivity: all PLLs operate error-free even at 100 ns
|Power Supply||Internal switching mode PS, 100 to 240 VAC, 20 W|
|Dimensions (W x H x D)||19.0 x 3.4 x 7.8" (483.0 x 88.0 x 200.0 mm)|
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.