The DSP-based functionality of all A Series monitors can be controlled remotely and in real time over ethernet using A Control.
The A8H incorporates an 8-inch resonant Multi-Layer Mineral (MLM) fiber woofer, innovative midrange driver, and handmade precision X-ART tweeter, which together produce an ultra-wide frequency response.
Like the other members of the A Series family, the A8H gives you tremendous flexibility for fine-tuning the sound through rotatable HPS waveguide technology and onboard DSP. At home across a full range of audio applications in mid- to full-sized spaces, the A8H is the right choice when you’re looking for the most detailed representation of your audio.
The A8H is available in a left and right version.
German Handmade Precision X-ART Tweeter with rotatable HPS waveguide
8'' Woofer (Multi-Layer Mineral)
3.5" DCH Midrange Driver
Cumulated Amp. Power Peak: 340 W
REAL-TIME REMOTE CONTROL
The backplate of A Series monitors offers a variety of equalization and tuning options, but quite often the backplate is not accessible from the listening sweet spot. Using A Control you can make changes to these settings from the comfort of your sweet spot and be confident in your decisions.
For some users the backplate options might not offer enough choice and precision. Using A Control you can dial in exact tunings over six bands of parametric equalization and low and high shelf filters. Each filter band can be freely adjusted for gain, frequency and Q value to give the user complete freedom in perfecting the sound of the loudspeaker in the room.
INTEGRATED SONARWORKS SOUND ID REFERENCE
A Control facilitates our collaboration with industry leaders Sonarworks. Using the SOUNDID REFERENCE option, calibration curves generated by the Sonarworks application can be imported into A Control and pushed directly to an embedded platform on A Series monitors. When this option is enabled, the calibration is happening directly on the monitor and thus no additional VSTs or software applications are required. It also means you are hearing calibrated audio regardless of your sound source.
Made from a new glass fiber polymer compound, the A Series HPS waveguide enables the X-ART tweeter to disperse sound in space with controlled consistency.
WHAT IS A WAVEGUIDE?
A Waveguide is a tapered recess that frames a tweeter to disperse sound in space in a more controlled manner. The A Series HPS (high-frequency propagation system) waveguide is constructed from resin and glass fibers, which are baked together under high temperatures to form a single piece that is specifically designed for X-ART dispersion characteristics. The waveguide is not easily excited by unwanted vibrations or resonances, contributing toward internal damping.
HORIZONTALLY BROAD, VERTICALLY TIGHT
In the horizontal domain, the waveguide is designed to match the dispersion angle of the X-ART tweeter to the woofers and midrange drivers in the crossover region. This results in a smoother, less distracting response when listening to the speakers off axis, supporting stability of the imaging and creating a larger usable “sweet spot”.
In the vertical domain, the waveguide’s design reduces energy arriving on the surfaces of significant studio furniture, such as mixing consoles, desks or even the ceiling. These surfaces can potentially cause harmful reflections and ultimately comb-filtering.
Handmade in Germany, the X-ART tweeter provides a precise transient response and reproduces the finest sonic details. This X-ART tweeter is used in every A Series speaker, providing detailed sound across the product line. The A Series introduces a rotatable HPS waveguide and X-ART tweeter. This means you can rotate the entire waveguide and tweeter module by 90 or 180 degrees and continue to benefit from the HPS technology whether you position the speaker horizontally or vertically.
LOWER EXTENSION, HIGHER EFFICIENCY
A Series monitors feature a flared-port design that optimizes airflow and reduces port noise. With every cubic centimeter accounted for, the industrial inspired design can provide lower extension and higher efficiency in a smaller box. The cabinets have deeper beveling to further reduce diffraction and thicker baffle walls to reduce unwanted cabinet vibrations.
DESIGNED WITH MOUNTING IN MIND
All A Series speakers include an underside mounting interface, giving you the flexibility to mount A Series speakers wherever you need them. All models feature four M8 threaded screw holes (10mm depth) in a rectangular pattern of 127 mm x 70 mm. ADAM Audio plans to soon release a comprehensive range of wall, ceiling, and pole mounting options.
- Display: Front panel multi-colour LED
- Cabinet Design: Single front ported
- Cabinet Material: Vinyl wrapped MDF and painted MDF front panel
- Mounting options: Threaded inserts on the bottom of the cabinet (4 x M8)
- AC Input Voltage: 100 – 240 V, 50/60 Hz
- Power Rating: 500 W max.
- Operating Conditions: -10° C to +45° C (+14° F to +113° F); <75 % RH, non-condensing
- Weight: 13.6 kg (30 lb)
- Dimensions (Height x Width x Depth): 274 mm x 382 mm x 329 mm (9 3/4″ x 15″ x 13″)
- Warranty: 5 years (2 years warranty plus 3 years optional with product registration)
- Delivery Contents: A8H loudspeaker, power cable, Quick Start Guide
Audio Input Connectors
- Analog: XLR, RCA
- Input Impedance: 9 kOhm / 3.3 kOhm
- Max. Input Level: +19 dBu
- Amplifier Type: PWM
- Peak (10% THD, limiter deactivated): 250 W
- RMS (1% THD, limiter deactivated): 200 W
- Amplifier Type: Class A/B
- Peak (10% THD, limiter deactivated): 70 W
- RMS (1% THD, limiter deactivated): 55 W
- Amplifier Type: Class A/B
- Peak (10% THD, limiter deactivated): 20 W
- RMS (1% THD, limiter deactivated): 15 W
Control Options [via Network]
- Networking Connector: RJ45
- Connection Type: Ethernet
- Communication Protocol: OCA using standard IP data
- Control Software: A Control (Windows and MacOS available)
- Room Adaption Options: Backplate, Extended, Sonarworks SoundID Reference integration
- Advanced Room Adaptation: 6 x PEQ, Level, Delay
- Third-party Calibration Compatibility: Import from Sonarworks SoundID Reference
This section will be updated shortly.
- Crossover Frequencies: 400 Hz, 3.0 kHz
- Basket Diameter: 8″
- Voice Coil Diameter: 1.5″ (38 mm)
- Cone Material: MLM
- Type: Dome Cone Hybrid (DCH)
- Basket Diameter: 3.5″
- Voice Coil Diameter: 1.3″ (33 mm)
- Cone Material: MLM
- Type: X-ART
- Diaphragm Area: 4 inch² (2420 mm²)
- Equivalent Diaphragm Diameter: 2″ (56 mm)
- Velocity Transform Ratio: 4 to 1
- Diaphragm Weight: 0.17 g
- Waveguide: HPS (rotatable)
- Waveguide Dispersion: 120° horizontal, 70° vertical
- AD converter: 24-bit
- Internal sample rate: 96 kHz
- Delay range, resolution: 0 – 10 ms, 0.1 ms
- Protection: Independent peak and thermo limiters for each driver, and amplifier thermo limiters
Control Options [via Backplate]
- Input Sensitivity: 0 dBu = 100 dB SPL at 1 m @ 0 dB level setting
- Level: -12 dB to +12 dB
- Input Selection: Balanced, unbalanced
- Voicings: Pure, UNR
- Room Adaption:
- Bass: +2, 0, -2, -4 dB
- Desk: 0, -2, -4 dB
- Presence: +1, 0, -1 dB
- Treble: +1.5, 0, -1.5 dB
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.